This week’s episode is meant for non-neuropsychologists, but neuropsychologists and trainees might enjoy hearing how we introduce the field. We introduce and talk about what neuropsychology is and what neuropsychologists do.
A pdf of the transcript for this episode is available here.
- A very brief history of the field
- Clinical neuropsychology compared to research neuropsychology
- Pediatric neuropsychology compared to adult neuropsychology
- The training required to become a neuropsychologist
- Similarities and differences between neuropsychology and related fields
- Conditions for which patients see clinical neuropsychologists and how neuropsychologists can help them
- Settings where neuropsychologists work
- The nuts and bolts of a neuropsychological evaluation – from a patient’s perspective and from a neuropsychologist’s perspective
- How to find a neuropsychologist for yourself or a family member