In our last Neuropsych Bite with Joel Kamper, Ph.D., ABPP-CN, we discuss limbic encephalitis, a condition involving inflammation of the limbic system that typically results in memory deficits, psychosis, seizures, and other symptoms. For Joel’s bio, click here.
A pdf of the transcript for this episode is available here.
- Overview of limbic encephalitis (LE)
- Clinical presentation of the syndrome
- Joel compares paraneoplastic LE and autoimmune LE
- We discuss common therapies for each syndrome
- The role of a neuropsychologist in a LE case study